My travels recently brought me to Charlotte, North Carolina and I was told that they have an indoor water park. With slides and stuff. Indoors.
I’m from sunny Florida. We don’t do ‘indoor’ when it comes to our water parks. I suspect we wouldn’t know how to build a water park indoors if we tried. (I hope we don’t try, either!)
So needless to say, I was intrigued.
Ray’s Splash Planet is right in the heart of downtown Charlotte and is probably incredibly easy to get to but my iPhone GPS was a little directionally-challenged that day. Fortunately for me, it told me to park near a lovely little park that in it had a sign pointing to Ray’s Splash Planet. So I did. And off we went.
Some of the highlights include:
- The Blue Comet – A three-story water slide that whips you around in a double figure eight then dumps you into the waters below.
- The Orbiter – Grab a Tube and lazily float around The Blue Comet. Perfect for relaxing.
- Saturation Station – Tumble buckets, water walls, and slides galore!
- The Vortex – A current pool that will whip you into a frenzy!
- Moon Beach – The entry point where all your water fun begins!
- Sea of Tranquility – Two lap lanes for slower swimming or basketball/volleyball area with two basketball hoops and a large net. (balls are provided by the lifeguard staff)
- Youth 17 & Under $6 County Resident/ $8 Non-County Resident
- Adult 18 & Older $8 County Resident/ $11 Non-County Resident
- Senior 62 & Over $6 County Resident/ $8 Non-County Resident
- Dry Ticket (Chaperone/NonSwimmer/Escort) $3 County Resident/ $5 Non-County Resident
- You will need to bring towels.
- No outside food or drink is permitted. The concession stand is open during regular business hours.
- Payment can be made by Cash, Check (NC/SC only with state issued I.D.), or Credit (Visa/Mastercard). There is an ATM on the premises.
- No flotation devices of any kind are allowed. US Coast Guard approved lifejackets are available to children for free use.
- Certified Lifeguards are on duty at all times.
- Click here for more detailed information about the policies of Ray’s Splash Planet.