by Tamara Rice of The Rice Paper
What are the top 20 must-do, must-see attractions in San Diego, California? We’ve gathered up the best, and we’re offering it to you with links to photos or personal posts about the attractions from various bloggers. They are in no particular order, as each one is equally great. Here are the first ten …
- Seaport Village. Go visit Seaport Village and hit the Upstart Crow for some coffee and a bit of reading–it will do your heart good.
- Wild Animal Park. Take your kids to the Wild Animal Park–you’ll feel like you’re on safari. You might even get to feed the lorikeets.
- Coronado Island. Get yourself out to Coronado Island and visit the historic Victorian Hotel Del Coronado–they just don’t make hotels like they used to.
- Sea World. Everyone–no matter how old they are–should see Shamu at least once in their lifetime, even if Sea World is a little pricey.
- La Jolla Beach. Not only should everyone see Shamu, everyone–provided they are in good health–should try surfing once, and San Diego has a great spot. Do it just to say you did it. (Or tried to, anyway.) Oh, and don’t bother the locals …
- Legoland. Okay, so it’s a bit north, but it’s still an attraction considered to be in San Diego. Just ask blogger Wandermom–she loves Legoland.
- San Diego Zoo. Well, if you ask me, the pandas and all the other animals at this terrific zoo, were meant to be seen, so don’t leave without going.
- Old Town. If you go to Old Town, plan to stay and walk around a while. It’s a place to take in bit by bit, not all at once. Be sure you tour the buildings, like this blogger did.
- San Diego Children’s Museum. People are raving about the new Children’s Museum, which might be designed for kids, but their parents like it too. It’s affordable and fun.
- Gaslamp Quarter. If you are walking around looking at the pretty buildings in this historic–yet completely revamped–part of downtown, chances are you will get hungry. When you do, choose one of these 10 best places for steak in the Gaslamp Quarter.
There are still 10 more incredible things to do in San Diego! Stay tuned for Part Two!